The main purpose of the Bolyai Society is to support and represent the justified and substantiated community requirements referring to the foundation the system of institutions of Hungarian autonomous higher education, including the founding of some of the state universities, and searching for legal ways to achieve these goals.
As a fund institution the Bolyai Society
- Represents and conveys the justified needs of the university teachers and students within the Hungarian departments of the state universities to obtain the necessary support from the country and abroad through projects, at the same time realizing the administration of the financial and material supports obtained through won projects.
- Edits and distributes books and other publications about its activities and about other activities carried out in the field of higher education; ensures the functionality of Egyetemi Műhely Publisher
- Supports programs and projects in the field of scientific research
- Collaborates with the Hungarian student organizations and with other organizations that represent the Hungarian communities’ interests in the field of higher education
- Organizes professional scientific events
- Establishes and organizes libraries, provides electronic service in support of the higher education
- Follows the politics of the capitalization of human resources in order to eliminate any discrimination tendencies or the limitation in the occupation of the positions by young specialists
- Expresses its position regarding any issue related to its objectives and sends it to decision-making forums